Analytics for Industrial Trucks?
Fact #1: An industrial truck used across 3 shifts costs more than $200,000 a year to operate.
Fact #2: A 500-vehicle enterprise could spend $50-100 million a year on its material handling fleet. Yet true fleet utilization is often only 50%.
Fact #3: Reducing fleet size and increasing vehicle utilization can therefore add as much as $50 million per year to a 500-vehicle enterprise's bottom line.
That's why wireless Vehicle Management Systems (VMS) have become a best practice for managing material handling fleets. But organizations deploying VMS typically have a site-centric focus, with limited executive oversight, limited ability to effectively analyze data across multiple sites, and no visibility of peer industry benchmarks for industrial truck operations.
Analytics Value Proposition
Analytics provides a single, integrated, "bird's eye" view of industrial vehicle and operator activity across multiple facilities, generating site-to-site comparisons, enterprise benchmarks, and best practices vs. peer industry by facility type, vehicle type, region, and more.
With Analytics, both enterprise executives and facility managers can easily digest actionable information—to better utilize material handling assets, validate industrial engineering standards, measure productivity influences, and reduce costs across the enterprise.
Why I.D. Systems?
I.D. Systems pioneered wireless VMS technology and has been deploying systems for almost 20 years—more than half of the Fortune 200 companies that use lift trucks have deployed I.D. Systems' VMS solutions. As a result, I.D. Systems' has:
- A unique database generated by >250,000 assets (including all industrial vehicle classes, makes & models), >50 million man-days of material handling operations, and >1,000 manufacturing and distribution sites
- Data from a broad range of industries, including automotive, chemical, consumer packaged goods, government, grocery, heavy industry, logistics, oil & gas, pharmaceuticals, primary metals, and retail
- A constant influx of current, fresh data from the world's largest installed base of VMS
Drive Action and Value
- Measure Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to understand activity and costs across your enterprise
- Analyze/quantify differences between high- and low-performing sites
- Define best-practice performance benchmarks; set new goals for underperforming operational areas
- Compare enterprise to peer industry group by vehicle type and facility type
- Integrate industrial vehicle Analytics with data from legacy systems (WMS, LMS, Timecard, etc.) to drive deeper insights
- Monitor ongoing metrics to gauge improvements in performance and achievement of cost saving goals
Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
Dashboard supplies at-a-glance information on multiple categories of fleet efficiency, identifying sites performing above or below expectations, and displaying which location's performance is improving or deteriorating over time.
Identify sites with under-performing fleet usage, measure gaps between fleet size and peak fleet need, make informed choices on eliminating vehicles, and enable intelligent fleet pooling across sites.
Quickly uncover discrepancies between paid time and productive time, target specific sites for corrective action, and instantly measure the impact of new labor policies and procedures.